Yahoo mail is an email service used in sending and receiving messages instantly through the internet not minding the distance between them. To enable any individual to use Yahoo mail facilities, you need Yahoo mail account registration. The guidelines for Yahoo mail account login will also be reviewed on this page. It can also be used as a tool to save documents and other important files.
So many email services which can be used to send and receive messages exist and it ranges from Google mail to Yahoo mail. Having explained what Yahoo mail is all about, we will now focus on Yahoo mail account registration and guidelines for Yahoo mail account login. Yahoo mail was recorded as the third biggest web-based email service with millions of users logging in every day as of December 2011.
Yahoo Mail Account Registration Requirements
- Your Full Name -This includes your first name and last name.
- Your Email – Here you need to consider the following options
- Creating a new email address that has not been registered on Yahoo or used anywhere else.
- Using an existing email address. Yahoo and Gmail can allow users to use an existing email for Yahoo mail account registration.
- Date of birth
- Your phone number
Yahoo Mail Account Registration- How To Register New Yahoo Mail Account
Step 1. Go to; www.yahoomail.com or https://mail.yahoo.com which is the official Yahoo mail registration page.
Step 2. Click on the create account bar to let you access the main registration page for a new account.
Step 3. Carefully fill out the form then click “Create Account”. While creating the account, make sure you use an ID that you can easily remember.
Step 4. Remember that while filling out the registration form, your phone number was required. The verification code to be used in activating your new account will be sent to your phone number via SMS by the yahoo team.
Step 5. When you get the code, you will be required to type it into the required box and then click “Verify” or “Continue” as the case may be.
Step 6. Choose the password you will always remember. The password should not be easily known or guessed by any other person because it is the key access to your account. The password must be long, and contain different numbers and letters and also special characters to make it as difficult to guess as possible.
Yahoomail Account Login Guidelines
- After creating an email account, visit the current Yahoo mail login page.
- From the login-in page, you can now have access to your yahoo mail account.
- Click on sign in and enter your email address, and password.
- Then click Sign in. On this page, there is an option written Show Password– this helps you to enter your password correctly.
- From here, you can now access your inbox and all the features.
- You can sign in to your Yahoo mail account from either your laptop, desktop computer, or mobile device.
Are You Having Problem Logging Into Your Yahoo Mail Account?
You might find out that you are unable to log in to your Yahoo mail account. There are things to do or processes to follow to gain access to your account.
- Ensure your desktop computer, Laptop, and mobile devices are connected to the internet.
- Ensure your URL is correct.
- Ensure you have entered your email address and password correctly.
- Ensure there are no typographic errors.
Security Measures Created By Yahoo To Regulate Login
- You will not be able to log into your yahoo account if you have attempted severally and it was incorrect.
- You might be asked to complete a security check on your first time using a new device like a phone, PC, Laptop etc.
In case the problem persists, you may want to try signing in with another device, or at least another web browser. Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer should all work. Alternatively, try clearing your cookies and cache before trying again, or attempt to sign in using an ‘incognito’ window on your browser.
In rare cases, ad-blocking, anti-virus or anti-malware software can interfere with login processes. If all else fails, it may also be worth temporarily disabling any of these applications before trying again.
You Can Also Read: How To Create A Google Account On Your Browser And Mobile Device
Steps To Retrieve Your User ID Or Password If You Forget It
When you forget your user ID or password, the following steps can be used to retrieve it.
From the sign-in page, click on the link labelled either ‘Forgotten Username?’ or ‘Forgotten Password?’ and you would be taken to the Sign In Helper. This enables you to recover your username or reset your password.
You will be asked to enter either your Yahoo email address, your recovery email address, or your recovery phone number, depending on whether you are recovering a username or password. Simply enter the requested information in the field provided, click ‘Continue’ and then follow the instructions to gain access to your account again.
Once you have access to your account, if you want to change your password manually, you can do so by accessing the ‘Account Security settings. From there, simply follow the instructions provided.