Gmail has been existing since 2004, but not everyone knows about it. Before now, people have been using Outlook and Hotmail, but the truth is that these types of accounts have their limitations.This page will be discussing how to create a new Gmail account, how to create a new Gmail account.
There are a lot of reseasons for choosing a Gmail account over other types of email accounts. The numerous advantages of Gmail have attracted up to 1.5 billion users to switch over to Gmail as their primary email client.
Advantages Of A Gmail Account
- It is free.
- It has a very big storage capacity.
- It has good spam filters that help keep your inbox clean more than any other email service provider.
- There are so many plugins and extensions available and it is free of charge which helps you to customise your workflow.
- It is easily accessible in such that you can access it from anywhere there is the internet.
- There is an opportunity to use Google search functions right inside your inbox.
- It is flexible to use compared to other email clients.
- It is reliable and doe not crash easily.
How To Create A New Gmail Account
The following are the steps on how to create a new Gmail account.
- First, go to gmail.com.
- Click on the Create Account button.
- A signup form will pop up, fill the registration form with your first name, last name, user name and password.
- The next step is to enter your phone number to verify your account. Your phone number will also be used for Google two-way verification to help boost your security.
- A text message from Google which contains a verification code will be sent to your phone number.
- Once your account is verified, you will need to key in your personal information which includes your gender, Your birthday and your recovery email account.
- Click on the I Agree button to continue.
- Once this is done, your Gmail account is ready.
How To Open Your New Gmail Account
- On the main Google screen, click the Gmail link
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- After signing in, a message will pop up telling you that your Gmail accou t is now ready for use.
- You can now enjoy your new Gmail account.
Steps To Sign Out Of Your New Gmail Account
Once you have signed into your Gmail account on any device, Gmail will keep you signed in by default except you sign out manually. If you sign into your Gmail account in a public computer, it is very important that you sign out from your account once you finish what you are doing. The following are steps to follow to sign out of your Gmail account.
- Go to Gmail home page where you logged in from.
- On the top right hand corner of the page, you will see your Google profile icon.
- Click on it and a drop down window will pop up.
- Click on sign out all accounts( if you have more than one account you signed into) or sign out.
- Gmail will automatically sign you out.