WhatsApp web or app is one of the social media platforms that is used for sending messages, videos, pictures and other types of content or files through the internet. WhatsApp is supported by both iPhones and Android phones. This article will focus on the discussions on how to use WhatsApp Web on your PC. You can also use the WhatsApp app on your desktop or laptop as a WhatsApp Web or as a desktop app. This app is simply an extension of the WhatsApp app used on your mobile devices or phone apps.
The WhatsApp app and the desktop app are both a replica of the phone app. This App will allow you to be current with messages and information that are sent across the internet via the WhatsApp app on your computer. Using a WhatsApp web app can be of importance to individuals who are always on their desktop PC or their laptop. It helps them to receive updated information from the internet without using their phone.
How To Use WhatsApp Web On Your PC Using The Desktop App
Using a WhatsApp app on a computer is only useful to people that have a regular need to always check their messages on the app using their desktop or laptop. The following are the steps on how to use WhatsApp Web on your PC.
Steps To Use The App On Your Laptop Or Desktop
The following are the steps you must know on how to use WhatsApp Web on your PC, laptop or desktop. See the steps below;
- Go to the WhatsApp download page and download the app.
- After downloading the app, then install the app and follow the prompts that will pop up to complete the installation.
- Then open the app on your laptop or desktop.
- You will see the QR code on your computer screen.
- Then scan the QR code with your phone camera by following the steps below;
Steps To Use For Android Devices Users
- Open the app on your phone.
- Tap on the menu or the three vertical dots icon.
- Tap on the link to a device, then follow the prompts to complete the process.
Steps To Use For iPhones Users
- Open the app on your iPhone
- Tap on settings
- Then tap Link Device and follow the prompts to complete the process.
- Note: You must remember to click on the check the Keep me signed in Box just below the QR code. If you don’t tick the box, you will have to repeat the process each time you want to access the messenger using your computer.
How To Use WhatsApp On A Computer Using The WhatsApp Web
This process is suitable for people that don’t use their laptops or desktop regularly. Use the steps below on how to use WhatsApp Web on your PC.
How To Access The App Via Your Browser
Use the steps below to have access to and use WhatsApp app Web on a computer:
- Using a web browser of your choice, go to whatsapp.com
- To enable you to stay signed in always, remember to check the Keep me signed in.
- Open the app on your device
- If you are using an Android phone or device, click on the three dots menu or icon on the right top corner of your phone. ,
- For iPhone users, click on setting in the bottom right-hand corner of the iPhone screen.
- Click on Whatsapp Web on your phone app
- Then go down and click on the scan QR code.
- Then use your phone to scan the QR code on the WhatsApp web webpage.
Restrictions To Using WhatsApp Web Or Desktop App
Using the WhatsApp app on laptops or desktops have some restrictions because WhatsApp was meant to be used on phones from the onset. The following are the restrictions:
- It will not be possible for you to access the WhatsApp app on your laptop or desktop if your phone is not connected to the internet. But the recent WhatsApp update can enable you to use your WhatsApp on your PC now even when your phone is not connected to the internet.
- You cannot make video or voice calls, but you can make group video calls on WhatsApp web through the Messenger Room.
- The WhatsApp feature known as messenger room does not have end-to-end encryption.
- The WhatsApp Web app is not compatible with all browsers except Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera, and Safari (macOS 10.8 and above only)
- It is not possible to delete messages on WhatsApp or the desktop app if your phone or primary device is an iPhone.