There are times you may make a mistake and send messages in error either to the wrong person or you sent the wrong message. You might even send messages across to someone and after a while and a second thought, you might be thinking of how to delete it. This article will focus on how to delete WhatsApp Messages for everyone after a while and the steps you need to follow. You might also want to delete WhatsApp sent messages because you don’t want your written words to be used against you in the future.
All WhatsApp messages sent after two days can’t be deleted ordinarily. It becomes difficult because it has passed the time limit messages are allowed to be deleted using the normal method. Because of these difficulties encountered by WhatsApp users, we have decided to teach you how to delete WhatsApp messages for everyone after a while.
How To Delete WhatsApp Messages For Everyone After A While
There are different steps you can use to delete WhatsApp messages for everyone after a while. This is because if the messages have passed the normal timeframe where you can use the normal method to delete them, it becomes difficult to delete. So you need these steps that will be shown below to delete your old messages on WhatsApp.
You Can Change Your Date and Time On Your Device To Delete Old Messages For Everyone
Changing the date and time of your device is the first method you can use to delete your old WhatsApp messages for everyone on both your Android and iPhone.
Delete Your Old WhatsApp Messages On iPhone
If the device you are using is an iPhone, and you are looking for how to delete WhatsApp messages for everyone after a while, use the steps below.
- Search for the message you want to delete and take note of the time and date when it was sent.
- Then exit from your WhatsApp.
- Turn off your mobile data. In case your mobile data is attached to a wireless connection, turn on the airplane mode.
- Go to your phone settings and click on the date and time option.
- Change the date and time of your iPhone.
- Set the date to be a date before the date and time of the old WhatsApp messages.
- Go back to your WhatsApp and select the message that you want to delete.
- Select and click on delete for everyone.
- Go back to your settings and reset the date and time after waiting for one minute.
- It is done the message has been deleted.
Delete Your Old WhatsApp Messages On Android
The following are the steps to delete WhatsApp messages for everyone after a while for Android users.
- Take note of the date and time you sent the message you want to delete.
- Exit from the WhatsApp platform. Go to your phone settings and Open it.
- Select the network and internet tab of your phone. Under it, you will see SIMs, disable roaming and mobile data. You can also turn the sim off.
- Again go back to the network and internet option and activate the Airplane mode.
- Go back to the settings and under the system tab, select the date and time option and change it. Ensure you select a date and time before the message was sent.
- Go back to the WhatsApp platform and now select the message you want to delete.
- Select the delete for everyone.
- Bravo! You have successfully deleted your old WhatsApp messages.
Delete WhatsApp Old Messages For Me
This is the second method on how to delete WhatsApp messages for everyone after a while. This method can also be used for both Android and iPhone users.
How To Delete WhatsApp Old Messages For Me On Your Android
If you are looking for how to delete WhatsApp messages for everyone after a while, you can use the steps below:
- On your Android phone, open your WhatsApp.
- Open the message you want to delete no matter how long it was sent.
- Click and hold the message for some time.
- Two options will pop up for you to choose from, either “delete for me” or cancel.
- Select the delete for me option.
How To Delete WhatsApp Old Messages For Me On Your iPhone
The following is how to delete WhatsApp messages for everyone after a while using an iPhone. Follow the easy steps given below;
- On your iPhone, open your WhatsApp.
- Then open the chat that contains the old message you want to delete.
- Click on the message and hold it for some time, then select delete from the given menu. You can also select many messages at a time.
- Click on more, if prompted. Then select delete from the menu.
- Click on delete and select the “delete for me” option.