African Union was established as a unique Pan-African Continental body saddled with the responsibility of spearheading Africa’s rapid integration and sustainable development through the promotion of solidarity, cohesion, unity and cooperation among African and African states and also developing a new partnership worldwide. This article will focus on how to apply for African Union (AU) Internship Program 2023. The eligibility and application requirements, the required skills needed to apply and the terms and conditions will also be discussed. The headquarter of the African Union is in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The African Union intends to build its capacity to deliver and implement its organisation structure among other objectives. How To Apply For African Union (AU) Internship Program 2023- See Details Here
African Union (AU) Core Values
The following are the core values of the African Union:
- To Think Africa above all
- To Respect the diversity of Africa and teamwork.
- To maintain integrity and impartiality.
- To uphold efficiency and Professionalism.
- To uphold transparency and accountability.
- To promote the sharing of information and knowledge among member countries.
The Purpose Of The African Union (AU) Internship Program
The Purpose Of The African Union Internship program is to provide opportunities for interns to complement their educational experience and to develop their professional skills and experience. The internship program is a full-time engagement that provides opportunities for qualified candidates from different backgrounds are allowed to acquire professional exposure within the African Union. AU promotes respect for diversity and teamwork and encourages all qualified individuals to apply for the internship job opening. Any individual interested in applying for this program should have a keen interest in the work of the African Union. They must also demonstrate the ability to interact with individuals from other cultural backgrounds and beliefs in Arica.
One of the aims of the AU internship program is to help expose the participants to the workings of the AU at an early stage of their professional careers and strengthen their personal and professional skills. It also goes a long way to help participants gain hands-on experience in various applicable fields, while they learn in an intercultural environment. The African Union will in turn gain support from participants that have adequate knowledge and skills in the different relevant areas and serves as a potential groomy ground for future African Leaders.
Focus Area For The African Union Internship Program
This program provides administrative and technical support for effectively implementing African Union programmes, projects and activities in the following departments/ directorates. Are you looking for how to apply for African Union (AU) internship program, you must first know the focus areas that AU need more hands-on. The following are the focus areas to note.
- Cabinet of the Deputy Chairperson
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Blue Economy and Sustainable Environment (ARBE)
- Economic Development, Trade, Industry, Mining (ETIM)
- Education, Science, Technology and Innovation (ESTI)
- Infrastructure and Energy (IE)
- Political Affairs, Peace and Security (PAPS)
- Health, Humanitarian Affairs and Social Development (HHS)
- Human Resources Management (HRM)
- Operations Support Services
- Management Information Systems Division
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Conference Management and Publications (CMP)
- Office for Safety and Security Services
- Citizens and Diaspora (CIDO)
- Medical and Health Services
- Financial Control Unit
- Office of Strategic Planning and Delivery
- Office of Internal Oversight (OIO)
- Quality Assurance and Control
- Ethics, Integrity and Standards
- Office of the Secretary to the Commission
- Office of the Legal Counsel (OLC)
- Office of Protocol
- Partnership and Resource Mobilization
- Women, Gender and Youth (WGY)
- Information and Communication
- Peace Fund Secretariat
- New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD
Eligibility Requirement For African Union Internship Program
Are you looking for how to apply for African Union (AU) internship program, you must know the requirements needed to be eligible and apply for the program. The following are the requirements that applicants must meet before they apply for the African Union internship program.
- Actively enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree programme for at least the final year OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced / Postgraduate (Master’s) certificate in a comparable academic discipline is required.
- Be citizens of an African Union member state.
- Be full-time students in their last year of a Bachelor’s or Graduate School programme.
- You must be fluent in at least one African Union working language (Arabic, English, French or Portuguese).
- At the time of selection, you must be no older than thirty-two (32) years old.
- Possess the finest moral character and integrity.
- Have not been convicted of any severe criminal offence, except minor traffic violations.
- For the internship roles, no prior work experience is required.
Skills Required For The African Union Internship Program
Applicants who want to know how to apply for African Union (AU) internship program must know the skills required. There are some skills that applicants that intend to be employed for the African Union internship program must possess. See the list below:
- Proficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with e-mail and internet applications,
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in one of the AU official’s working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, Spanish, Kiswahili) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
Terms And Conditions
The African Union internship program has the following terms and conditions which applicants must align themselves to.
- The AU will have no financial obligation towards interns – travel arrangements and cost of accommodation and living expenses will be the responsibility of the interns.
- AU will use reasonable efforts to assist the interns in obtaining their entry and residence visas.
- Interns will not be entitled to any compensation for travel.
- The internship will be authorized only once for three (3) months renewable one time for any candidate.
- Interns are not entitled to medical travel or medical evacuation to and from the internship location at the expense of the Commission. Interns shall therefore have individual insurance coverage throughout the duration of the internship.
Core Competence For The African Union Internship Program
The following is the list of core competencies that applicants who want to apply for African Union (AU) internship program must possess to be employed.
- Applicants must have the ability to communicate clearly.
- They must be able to write clearly and concisely
- Applicants for the African Union internship program Be committed to work.
- They must have the ability to work harmoniously in a multicultural environment.
- They must possess the highest standard of moral conduct and integrity
How To Apply For African Union (AU) Internship Program
The following is how to apply for African Union (AU) internship program:
Applicants that intend to be admitted into the African Union internship program are required to submit their applications online.
In case it is your first time using the African Union online registration system, you have first to register so that you can log in to their site. You will be required to provide all relevant and required information.
The following are the supporting information you will be required to provide for the online application process:
- A motivation letter indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship program
- A copy of a valid passport or national identity card
- Certified copies of relevant academic certificates
- Current curriculum vitae (CV)
- Recommendation letter for internship from the institution of learning that they are attending
- Upon successful application submission, applicants will receive an email confirmation that their application has been successfully received.