Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms with many users. It has become a basic part and partner of the daily life of some users. Your Facebook name describes who you are and is what people will easily use to connect with you on the platform. This article will treat how to change your Facebook name and the guide to do so. Your Facebook name is not permanent, you can be allowed to change your Facebook name any time you want.
Although there are standards that guide the change of name which you must adhere. As much as you can change your Facebook name anytime you want, you must give a space of 60 days after the first change before Facebook will allow you to effect another change on your Facebook name which is one of the Facebook change of name rules.
There are so many reasons why people may want to change their Facebook name. Some ladies may want to change their Facebook name after getting married to include their husbands’ names in their Facebook names. Others might just want to try using a new name, Nickname etc.
Guidelines On How To Change Your Facebook Name
Before changing your name on Facebook, you must ensure the social media platform doesn’t reject your change. Here are some guidelines for changing profile names on Facebook:
- Facebook users are not allowed to change their names within 60 days of changing them previously.
- Facebook users cannot use unusual characters, capitalization, repetitive phrases, symbols and punctuation.
- Facebook users are not allowed to use Titles of any kind (Eg: Lord, Mr., Mrs. and others) before names.
- Facebook users cannot use expletives and suggestive words as user names.
- The Facebook name should not impersonate anyone or anything.
- Your Facebook name should not have characters from multiple languages. For example, Facebook will not allow you to use any name that mixes some non-western characters with English or French characters.
Things to Note About Facebook Name Change
The Facebook rule of thumb is to use a name that your friends and family can easily identify you with.
Facebook may also demand a name and identity confirmation if there is a case of violations. This type of situation does not occur regularly. Still, when it occurs, the Facebook user will be locked out of their Facebook account until they provide the identity documentation like a driver’s license and passport and ensure that the identity verification process is complete before the Facebook account will be unlocked.
How To Change Your Facebook Name On The Website
The following is how to change your Facebook name on the website.
- On any web browser of your choice, log in to your Facebook account.
- You will see a drop-down arrow on the top right-hand corner of your page, click on the arrow.
- Settings and Privacy will pop up, click on the settings.
- Go to the General Tab, you will see the EDIT button close to Name.
- Enter the new name and select the review change button.
- Preview the new name and choose how you would prefer your new Facebook name to appear.
- Enter Your Facebook password and click on the save change button to save.
How To Change Your Facebook Name On The Mobile App (Android and iOS)
The following is how to change your Facebook name on the mobile App.
- Open your Facebook Mobile App on your Android or iOS.
- Click on the hamburger menu on your mobile app. Then scroll down to tap on settings and privacy. On the drop-down menu, select settings,
- The next step is to go to the personal information section and click on your name so that you will be allowed to type in the new name.
- After typing the new name, click on review change.
- Then choose the display preference for your name and enter your password and click on the SAVE CHANGE button to save.
How To Change Your Facebook Name On Facebook Lite App
The step below has been used to describe how to change your Facebook name on Facebook Lite App
- Open Facebook Lite and tap the icon displaying three stacked horizontal lines in the upper right
- Scroll down to settings and click to open “settings select the “Personal and account information” option
- Select “Name”
- Select “Edit” next to “name”.
- Enter your new name and select “Review change”
- Enter your password to save changes.