Many regular browser users on the internet do not know how to clear cookies on Firefox either on their computers or on their mobile devices. Clearing cookies on your browser is not the only important way of keeping yourself safe while online but also a means of deleting certain information on your browser to ensure that you enjoy a fast browsing session while on the internet.
How To Clear Cookies On Firefox
It is unfortunate that a lot of internet users do not understand or know how to clear cookies on the Firefox browser. When you think of deleting some details from your web browser, clearing cookies is one of the most popular ways of doing so. There are so many other options or ways you can use to clear cookies on other browsers but that of Firefox is very unique. It does not mean that clearing cookies on Firefox is hard but it only means that clearing cookies on Firefox needs to be done differently compared with other browsers like Chrome and Safari.
What Are Website Cookies?
Website cookies can be described as files that were created by various websites that you visit using your web browser. Cookies are put in place to make the time you spend on their website more interesting.
For instance, they do things that will help in keeping you logged in, suggest local content for you based on your location as well as help you remember site preferences. This article will show you how to clear cookies on Firefox but this also will depend on whether you are using a desktop or mobile version of the Firefox browser.
How To Clear Cookies On A Computer
Clearing cookies on a computer is not a difficult task to do and has been proven to be easy. Mozilla the Firefox creator has a detailed procedure which has been stated on its support website. If you follow the steps that have been stated below on how to clear cookies on Firefox browser both on a computer or laptop.
- The first is to start by downloading Firefox on your computer
- The next step is to go to the top right-hand corner of the tab and then click the three parallel lines which are known as the “Menu bars.”
- Then click on the “Privacy” tab
- Choose the option “Clear your recent history.” To carry out this step successfully, you will need to ensure that among all the options listed that it is only “cookies” that are checked. If not so, the details would be erased.
- Choose the time frame for the cookies you want to be deleted. This is to help determines just how far into the past that will be deleted as well as which of the recent cookies would get deleted too. If you want to remove all the cookies, you will see an option listed as “Everything.” Make sure that you double-check that you are deleting only the information that you want to be cleared.
- Click on “Clear now,” and the cookies you want to delete would be gone.
How To Delete Cookies From Your Mobile Device
It is a very easy process to clear cookies on your mobile device browser just as you do on a computer browser. Although the steps are slightly different, it depends on whether you are using an Android device or an iOS device. The following are the steps to clear cookies on Firefox using a mobile device.
The following are the steps to clear cookies on Firefox if you are using an Android mobile device:
- Go to the “settings” menu in the Firefox Android App
- After that, click on the settings to find the section with the title “Privacy and Security.”
- Click on “Clear private data.”
- After that, you would be directed to a list of information that can be deleted.
- Then choose “cookies and active logins.”
- Then click on “Clear data’ to delete the cookies from your Firefox on Android.
The following steps can be used to clear cookies on Firefox if you are using an iPhone:
- Download and install the Firefox app on your search iPhone or search iPad
- Then click on the “Menu bars,” which are represented by the three parallel lines which can be found in the bottom right-hand section of the screen.
- Click on settings
- Then click on PrivacyClick on “Clear Private Data.” Be sure that you only select “cookies.”
- Finally, click on “Clear Private Data.” After this, your cookies would be cleared.
The above are the steps to clear the cookies on Firefox Mozilla, but these steps should be very easy for you to handle so that you will be able to clear your cache if the need arises.