The Nigeria Immigration Service is a government-owned paramilitary agency that is responsible for controlling the movement of people in and out of Nigeria. The Nigeria immigration service recruitment is always conducted regularly. This agency was extracted from the Nigerian Police Force and established during Tafawa Balewa’s Military regime in 1958. The activities of the Nigeria Immigration Services are controlled by the Federal government.
The Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment portal is now open for online application. The Nigeria immigration service is set to recruit five thousand (5,000) personnel into the commission. You can be among the people to be recruited if you have the necessary credentials and qualifications.
Functions Of The Nigeria Immigration Service
The main reason for establishing the Nigeria immigration service was to monitor the movement of people in and out of Nigeria. Aside from this function, there are some other duties that the agency performs which are listed below:
Control Movement Of Nigerians And Foreigners
The primary assignment of the Nigerian immigration service is to ensure that the country’s borders are always safe for both Nigerian citizens and foreigners. They ban illegal movements into and out of Nigeria.
Provision Of Important Travelling Documents
The agency has been given the right and it is backed up by the Nigerian constitution to create and provide all the important travelling documents to Nigeria citizens who are willing to travel
They Create And Issue Residence Permit To Foreigners
This is one of the most important functions of the Nigeria Immigration Service. The residence permit is a document that allows foreigners to live in Nigeria without any problem. This document is also referred to as The Combined Expatriate Residence Permit and Aliens Card (CERPAC). It can only be processed and issued by the Nigeria Immigration Service. It is one thing for foreigners to travel to Nigeria and also another thing for them to live in Nigeria without encountering any immigration problems.
To Engage In Regular Border Surveillance
One of the functions of the Nigeria Immigration Service is to check if the people travelling in and out of Nigeria are eligible. They check the border across the country regularly to ensure that there are no illegal entrants.
Other Functions Of the Nigeria Immigration Service
- The other functions of the agency apart from the one stated above are as follows:
- They help in the production of e-machine.
- They arrest and detain illegal migrants.
- They keep all important travel-related records safe.
- They also serve as law enforcement agencies.
- They organise training for recruits into the agency.
Requirement For Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment
The followings are the criteria or requirements you must meet before you partake in the Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment.
- You must be a citizen of Nigeria by birth.
- The educational qualification required can be either BSc HND or even OND for lower positions.
- Candidates who want to apply for Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment must not be below 18 years and above 30 years for other positions, The only exception is Doctors and Pharmacists who can be up to 35 years of age.
- You must be medically fit.
- You must be physically fit
- You must be mentally stable.
- Candidates should not be bankrupt.
- You should be debt free.
- You must be of good behaviour.
- The Applicants must be up to 1.7m for males and 1.64 for females.
- The chest measurement of applicants should not be less than 0.87 for the men.
- You must have an NYSC certificate or exemption certificate.
- You must have a certificate of origin signed by the secretary or Chairman of your local government. Any certificate endorsed by Liason officers will not be acceptable.
- Applicants must pass drug tests.
- Applicants must be computer literate.
- Applicants must have good communication skills.
Specific Requirements For Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment
Candidates who wish to apply for the ongoing Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment must have the specific requirements as stated, They must possess a bachelor’s Degree, HND or its equivalent in any of the following or related fields of study:
- Actuarial Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Health Information Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Quantity Survey
- Secretarial Studies
How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment
The following are the steps you must follow to apply for Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment.
- Visit the NIS official web portal and follow the instruction that will pop up.
- Access the Jobs and Careers section on the website
- Click on the available vacancies
- Read and follow the instructions carefully
- Register with a valid E-mail account
- Provide all the necessary information
- Verify all your information
- Submit your application
List Of Positions In Nigeria Immigration Service
The following is the list of positions available in the Nigeria Immigration service according to the agency’s ranking
- Comptroller General Immigration Service
- Assistant Comptrollers General
- Superintendent of Immigration
- Assistant Superintendent of
- Senior Inspector of Immigration
- Assistant Inspector of Immigration
- Immigration Assistant
- Passport Officers
List Of Branches And Zonal Headquarters Of Nigeria Immigration Services
The Nigeria Immigration Services has eight zonal headquarters across the country. The list of zonal headquarters are as listed below:
Name: Zone ‘A’
Location: Lagos State
Address: PWD Bus Stop, former Passport Office, Ikeja
Name: Zone ‘B’
Location: Kaduna State
Address: Fed. Secretariat, Ahmadu Bello Way
Name: Zone ‘C’
Location: Bauchi State
Address: Customs House, Yelwa Bauchi
Name: Zone ‘D’
Location: Minna (Niger State)
Address: Niger State Secretariat, Minna
Name: Zone ‘E’
Location: Owerri (Imo State)
Address: Customs House, Onitsha Road Owerri
Name: Zone ‘F’
Location: Ibadan (Oyo State)
Address: Customs Building, Bodija Ibadan
Name: Zone ‘G’
Location: Benin City (Edo State)
Address: Ikpoba Hill by Command Hqters, Benin City
Name: Zone ‘H’
Address: 6, Kashim Ibrahim Road, Command Haters Makurdi.