Did you participate in the National Examination Council (NECO) Senior School Certificate Examination (Internal) for 2022? NECO has just released its 2022 senior school certificate examinations (internal) results. It recorded a 60% pass rate. NECO 2022 results were announced on Thursday 29th September 2022 by The Registrar of the examination body Prof Ibrahim Datani Wushishi in Minna, Niger State capital. He advised concerned candidates to check the examination body website for their results.
The registrar further stated that a total of one million, two hundred and ninety thousand, seven hundred hundred and three(1,209, 703) candidates registered for the examination out of this number six hundred and thirty-six thousand, three hundred and twenty-seven (636,327) are male which represents 52.60% and five hundred and seventy-three thousand, three hundred and seven six (573,376) were female representing 47.39% of the total.
Then one million, one hundred and ninety-eight thousand, four hundred and twelve (1,198,412) candidates who sat for the examination recorded credit passes and above in five subjects which include English Language and Mathematics. The number of candidates that failed to partake in the examination was twenty-two thousand, four hundred and twenty-two (22,422).
The registrar who is the substantive head of the examination body has described this year’s result as a big achievement. He said “it gives me great pleasure to inform you that the conduct of this year’s Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) Internal has been adjudged by many stakeholders to be hugely successful in recent years. This indeed is a big achievement.”
NECO 2022 Results- Examination Malpractice Issues
The registrar and Chief Executive Officer of NECO of the examination body Prof Ibrahim Datani Wushishi have revealed that a total of thirteen thousand, five hundred and ninety-four (13,594) candidates which represent 0.13 % of the total number of candidates were involved in one form of examination malpractice or the other during the examination.
He further said the number of candidates that were involved in examination malpractice in 2021 was twenty thousand, and three (20,003) candidates and it represented 1.63% of the total number of candidates that registered for the examination last year. He promised that the examination body will not relent in its commitment to sanitising the system.
The registrar stated again that the council has zero tolerance for examination malpractices which it has maintained over the years past. From the figures stated above, it is obvious that the malpractice incidence in 2022 has reduced compared to the 2021 figure. He pointed out that 29 supervisors have been blacklisted for various offences ranging from poor supervision, aiding and abetting, and insults during the examination.
Requirements To Check NECO Results Online
Below are the necessary information required to enable you to check your NECO 2022 results online.
- Examination Year
- Examination Type
- Examination Registration Number
How To Check NECO Results Online
The step-by-step approach to checking NECO 2022 results online are as listed below:
- Go to the NECO result-checking portal with any browser.
- From the information provided, select your exam year. This is done by clicking on the drop-down menu to select the examination year. The examination year here is the year you took the NECO examination.
- Pick your examination type. For example SSCE INTERNAL (JUN/JUL).
- Enter your NECO Token Number.
- Enter your NECO registration number. This should be registered correctly in the appropriate columns provided.
- The last step is to click on the check result green button to check your NECO result.
How To Check Your NECO Result Using Token
Use the steps below to check your NECO 2022 results using the token.
- Visit the NECO result token page on your phone browser.
- Enter your full name.
- Type your correct phone number.
- Enter your email address.
- Type your password.
- Retype your password.
- Click on register.
- Select verify in the email sent to you.
- Login to your NECO token page.
- Click on purchase token.
- Enter the number of tickets, e.g., 1.
- Click on pay now.
- Select the I have verified the above information box.
- Click on Proceed to Pay.
- Click on Submit on the Remitta payment page.
- Select the Payment method to get your NECO token.
How To Check NECO 2022 Results Using SMS
You can check your NECO results using SMS without a scratch card. Simply type and send NECO*ExamNo*TOKEN*ExamYear to 32327. For example NECO*4250101001*12345678912*2022
Tips On How To Use SMS To Check NECO Results
- There should be no space in the message.
- Wait for your result to be delivered to your phone via SMS.
- (SMS Cost N30 Only)
- You can send using MTN, Airtel, or Glo network.
- you can repeat the step if you do not receive your NECO result via SMS, kindly repeat this step.
- SMS charges will be applied when checking your SSCE result using text messages.
- You will need to have purchased the NECO Direct Scratch card to check your result via text message.
- The scratch card pin is what is needed in the PIN section of the SMS you will send to 32327.
- Candidates who registered for the May/June examination can also access their results through the portal of NECO.