Your Facebook name is an identity your followers know you with or can easily use to find you. There are so many reasons why you may want to change your Facebook page name. It might be to correct the spelling of the initial name or to give the Facebook page a new look. you have to learn how to change your Facebook page name. Changing of page name on Facebook is a straightforward task to do. You must follow the right processes to achieve the change because Facebook might not be able to grant you such an opportunity again. How To Change Your Facebook Page Name Easily And The Steps You Need To Know
You should know that you must be an admin of any Facebook page to be able to change the page name. In case you want to know more about becoming an admin, you can see this article on how to add an admin to your Facebook page. Note that there are two (2) types of Facebook Pages. There are the Classic Pages and the New pages. If you have a classic page, you need to be the admin first to be able to change the Facebook page name. while the new page requires you to get Facebook access to be able to change the Facebook page name.
This article will guide you on changing your Facebook page name and the steps. All you need before you step out to change your Facebook page name is to have a Facebook page with the name you want to change and secondly you must have admin rights to the Facebook page.
How To Change Your Facebook Page Name
- Go to the Facebook website
- Login to your Facebook account
- On your Facebook home page, click on the Pages tab in the sidebar menu on the left-hand corner of the page.
- Go to your page and select page setting on the bottom left side of the page.
- Select the page you want to change its name under the PAGES YOU MANAGE on the right side.
- Select the page info tab on the left-hand side of the page. On the Sidebar menu on the left, scroll down and click EDIT PAGE INFO.
- Click On Your Facebook Page name. This is the place where the main work needs to be done. You will see the General section on the info menu, then click on the existing Facebook page name. It will bring out where you will change the name to a new page name. If this process is successful, you can move to the next step if not, you can use the troubleshooting options.
- Now enter the new Facebook page name and once you have entered the new name, click outside the page name box. A dialogue box will pop up with CONFIRM NAME CHANGE REQUEST. When this message pops up, you will see both the old and new names. Click on it to show you are consenting to the change of page name.
- The next step is to review your request to change your Facebook page name. Below the current page, you will see REQUEST CHANGE and click on it.
- It is done and you have successfully changed your Facebook page name. Congratulations.
How To Change Your Facebook Page Name On The Facebook Mobile App
You can use the following to learn how to change your Facebook page name on your mobile app. The steps are easy.
- Open the Facebook mobile App on your Android or iPhone.
- Tap the three (3) horizontal lines on the top right corner of your Android phone or the bottom right corner of your iPhone. Then click on PAGES.
- The PAGES YOU MANAGE will pop up. Select the particular page you want to change its name.
- On the top right corner, you will see SETTINGS ICON, Click on it.
- On The SETTINGS PAGE, scroll to PAGE INFO.
- On the top, you will see the ABOUT section, click on the name field you will see. A dialogue box will pop up where you must type your new Facebook page name. After that, click on the CONTINUE BUTTON.
- Click on the REQUEST CHANGE.
- Congratulations you have just changed your Facebook page name.
If you carefully follow the steps above on how to change your Facebook page name, you will find out that it is a very easy process.