Most times it is not always good to receive a notification of messages on WhatsApp and only to find out that it has been deleted by the sender and you couldn’t read it. In this article, we will discuss the guide to read deleted messages on WhatsApp – see how-to and all you need to know. It is always annoying and you may wonder what was deleted and what it is. At times you may wonder and want to know what the sender sent to your WhatsApp which was deleted.
WhatsApp in 2017 introduced Delete For Everyone as one of its features which allows users to delete any sent message within two (2) days of sending the message after which you might not be able to delete them again. The Delete For Everyone can also serve as an escape route to delete a message that was sent to the wrong recipient. It is normal for recipients to wonder what was sent and deleted and some might want to find out what it was. That is why the guide to read deleted messages on WhatsApp is the main focus here.
One may even ask if it is possible to read a message that was deleted on WhatsApp. Yes, it is possible to see and read them with the steps that will be given in this article. The steps are few, but when you follow them judiciously, you will be able to read all your deleted messages on WhatsApp.
Guide To Read Deleted Messages On WhatsApp On Android
Are you looking for how to read deleted messages on WhatsApp using your Android phone? You can use the following steps as a guide to read deleted messages on WhatsApp. You can do that by simply checking on the notification history using the steps below:
- On any Android device you are using, go to your phone’s ‘Settings’.
- Get to the Apps & Notifications button and click on it.
- Select ‘Notifications’.
- Click on the ‘Notification history’.
- Switch to the button next to ‘Use notification history’ and turn it on.
- Once you have turned the notification history on, you will now be able to see notifications of WhatsApp messages even if they are deleted.
How To Use Third-Party App To Read Deleted Messages On WhatsApp
There are third-party apps available online which can be used as a guide to read deleted messages on WhatsApp. One such app is called GET DELETED MESSAGES. If you want to use this third-party app to read deleted messages on WhatsApp, follow the steps below:
- Using any browser of your choice, download and install the ‘Get Deleted Messages’ application from the Google Play Store on your Android phone.
- Allow all the required permission, the application asks for like to run in the background, to access notification and storage.
- Whenever you see a message has been deleted on WhatsApp, simply go to the app, open the app to check the deleted message and you will see what was deleted.
How To Use Saved WhatsApp Backup Method To Read Deleted Messages
Another means you can use to recover deleted messages on WhatsApp is by creating backups of your data periodically on WhatsApp so that you can restore your messages from the previous backups on your mobile device. Using this approach means you will follow the steps below:
- On your Android phone, go to your WhatsApp settings.
- Then scroll to CHATS and click on it.
- Scroll down to Chat Backup and click on it.
- Select the previous backups that contain the deleted messages.
Note: Using this method as a guide to read deleted messages on WhatsApp can be difficult because it requires you to delete the application and log in again to run the backup.