This article will help you learn how to delete your history on Chrome. You will find the step-by-step guide on how to delete history on Chrome. One of the most popular websites that people use in browsing is Chrome and you will notice that Chrome keeps records of all the websites you visit on all the devices you use except those that use incognito mode.
Keeping a record of all the sites you visit is one of the important features of the Chrome browser. It helps you to continue your search from where you stopped on your computer, phone or any other device you are using. But sometimes you might you might want to delete your history on Chrome for one reason or the other. Whatever the reasons you may have to warrant you to delete your browsing history from Google Chrome, just follow us on this page to show you how to accomplish your desired results.
How To Delete Your History On Chrome On Android
If you are an Android phone user, we will show you how to delete your history on Chrome in this section. Follow the simple steps below:
- Go to your Google Chrome and click the “⠇” button at the top-right corner of your Android screen.
- Click on “History” from the list of menu drop-downs that appear.
- On the “History” section, locate and select the option with “Clear browsing data”.
- In the “Clear browsing data” section, you can arrange your browsing history and more. In this section, you can decide how far backwards you want to go in clearing your data. The options available include the Last hour, Last 24 hours, Last 7 days, Last 4 weeks, or All time.
- Under the “Basic” button at the top, there are three choices for you and they are:
Browsing History: This removes history from all devices where you are signed in.
Cookies and site data: This logs you out of most sites but will not sign you out of your Google Account.
Cached images and files: This clears your Chrome cache, freeing up space, but some sites might load slower on your next visit.
- Also under the “Advanced” tab, you will notice there are three more options you can choose to clear:
Auto-fill form data.
- To enable you to clear any of these, simply click on a checkmark next to them. Once you’ve selected what you want to remove, click on the “Clear data” button in the lower-right corner of your Android device.
These steps listed above will help you to manage your browsing history and data in Google Chrome.
How To Delete Your History On Chrome On An iPhone
The steps to clear your browsing history in Google Chrome when using an iPhone are very easy and straightforward. The following are the steps to delete your history on Chrome on your iPhone.
- On the bottom-right corner of your screen, you will see this ᐧᐧᐧ button, click on it.
- In the menu that appears, choose the “History” button.
- On the “History” button, you’ll see a “Clear Browsing Data” button at the bottom-left corner. Click on this button.
- Now, you’ll need to fill out the “Clear Browsing Data” screen. Select the time range for which you want to delete your browsing history. The following are the options: Last Hour, Last 24 Hours, Last 7 Days, Last 4 Weeks, or All Time.
- Once you have selected the time range, then select all that you would like to clear within that time frame. Your options include:
Cookies and Site Data.
Cached Images and Files.
- After you’ve made your selections, click on the “Clear Browsing Data” button at the very bottom of your iPhone screen. You’ll get one more chance to cancel after pressing this; click “Clear Browsing Data” once more to complete the process and clear your chosen data.
Once you follow the steps above correctly, you find out that it is very easy to manage and delete your history on Chrome if you are using an iPhone.
How To Delete Your Google Chrome History On Desktop
For those using a desktop for browsing, you might also want to know how to delete your history on Chrome. This section will help you with the steps to take in deleting your Google Chrome history on your computer or desktop. The following are the steps you can use to delete your history on Chrome.
- On your computer, open Google Chrome and then click the ⠇ button at the top-right corner, next to your profile picture.
- From the dropdown box that will pop up, you can go to “History”. You can also use these shortcuts below:
– PC: Press Ctrl + H
– Mac: Press ⌘ Command + Y
- In the History section, click “Clear browsing data” you will see on the left side.
- You’ll see the main “Clear browsing data” screen from where you will choose the Time range you want to delete history on Chrome like: for Last hour, Last 24 hours, Last 7 days, Last 4 weeks, or All time.
- The next step is to select what you want to clear which may be under any of the options below:
Basic tab: Browsing history, Cookies, and site data, Cached images, and files.
Advanced tab: Passwords and sign-in data, Autofill form data, Site settings, Hosted app data
- Ensure to check at least “Browsing history” as your main goal is to clear your browsing history.