Pinterest is one of the social media platforms that can help users arrange information using online pin boards. You can create a Pinterest account online and use it to store and share your images. You can also use Pinterest to discover new areas of interest in your business. It is very easy to create a Pinterest account online be it for your personal use (personal account) or for business use ( business account). We will focus mainly on how to use a web browser on your desktop to create a Pinterest account.
How To Create A Pinterest Account Online
There is a need to create a Pinterest account online. With the creation of a personal Pinterest account, it makes it easy for you to browse, pin, interact and explore with other users of Pinterest online. The following is how to create a Pinterest account online.
- Go to the Pinterest website here.
- Options will pop up. Select sign up. You can sign up with either your personal email address and password or sign up using your Facebook account or even your Google account.
- You will see another dialogue box requesting you should enter your email address or phone number. There is also an alternative option to continue with a Facebook account or Continue with a Google account. Any of the above you choose, then click on the continue button to proceed to the next step.
- A welcome message showing Welcome to Pinterest will pop up. Then select next.
- Another dialogue box will pop up from where Pinterest will request you select your areas of interest. You might only be required to pick five (5) or more. When you have done that, click on done.
- Go to your email to check if Pinterest has sent you a message to confirm your email address.
- Wow! it is done. Your Pinterest account has been set up and you can use it to start browsing and pinning too.
How To Link A Business Account With Your Personal Account
In case you have a business you run online, it is advisable to set up a Pinterest business account and link it will your personal account. This will make your presence on Pinterest look more professional. When you set up a Pinterest business account, you can get access to the free marketing tools available on the site. Such tools include Pinterest Analytics. It is very easy to link your Pinterest business account to your personal Pinterest accounts and switch between accounts easily. It is possible to link up to four (4) Pinterest business profiles to one personal Pinterest account. Follow the steps below and link up your business account to your personal Pinterest account.
- Log on to your personal Pinterest account.
- Select the down button arrow close to your profile image.
- Select Add another account.
- Log in to your business account. It is very easy, right? In case you don’t have a Pinterest Business account yet, you need to create one and these are the following are the steps to create a new Pinterest business account.
How To Create New Pinterest Business Account
If you don’t want your business account to be linked to your personal Pinterest account, you need to set up a separate Pinterest business account. All you need to do is to sign in to your personal and business account separately by doing the following:
- Log out of your personal Pinterest account if you were logged in.
- Go to the Pinterest business account creation page.
- Enter your email address, password and business name.
- Select the type of business you are doing.
- Select create an account.
- It is done your Pinterest Business account is ready.