If you add someone to your Facebook restricted list, the person will not be able to see your Facebook posts again. Some people do not equally know that Facebook has such a feature where you can add people to a restricted list. The process to add someone to your Facebook restricted list is very simple and this article will also show you how to view and edit whatever is in your Facebook restricted list.
In case you are among the Facebook users that are still looking for how to add someone to their Facebook restricted list, view and edit the list, look no more. Follow us in this article we will show you how. You should note that when you add someone to your Facebook restricted list, it doesn’t mean you can no longer communicate with them. You can still reach out to them via Facebook Messenger.
What Is Facebook Restricted List?
Facebook’s restricted list is one of the new features of the Facebook platform. It allows users to hide their activities on Facebook and prevent someone they don’t want to see it. This same restriction will prevent some people from sharing your post. This Facebook feature has made it easy and simple to just add if you don’t want to see your posts on Facebook. For example, you may not want your colleagues at work to see what you post or publish on Facebook. All you need to do is to add them to your Facebook restricted list.
With this feature, you can add, view, edit or remove anyone you want at any time. Since the Facebook account is yours, you have the right to choose who will see your posts. The people you add to your restricted list will not be able to see your posts again but you will see theirs.
Why Do You Need To Use The Facebook Restricted List
The Facebook restricted list is very important to anyone that wants to post or links on the Facebook platform but does not want their close friends, family or even colleagues to see the post and drop negative comments. Activating the restricted feature on Facebook helps you to connect with so many people on the platform but you can hide your personal posts from those you have added to your restricted list.
Facebook can only allow you to add someone to your Facebook restricted list only when you are logged in to your Facebook account. The following are examples of groups of people you have connections with on the Facebook platform but you may want to add to your Facebook restricted list.
- Some people that you basically don’t have any investment in but don’t want to be rude to them by blocking them on your Facebook account.
- Those groups of people are judgemental or nosy. They can be family members, friends or colleagues in the office.
- The group of people you are not familiar with.
How To Login To Your Facebook Account
Before you can successfully add someone to your Facebook restricted list, you must first log in to your Facebook account. The following are the simple steps you can use to log in to your Facebook account.
- Open your mobile device or any web browser of your choice, go to Facebook .com
- Fill in your username and password in the space provided.
- Click on the login in button.
- If your details are correct, you will be logged in to your Facebook account without delay.
Note: It is after you are logged in that you can add someone to your Facebook restricted list.
How To Add Someone To Your Facebook Restricted List
Adding someone to your restricted list will not make them not your friend on Facebook again. The only thing it does is that they can’t see all your posts on your Facebook timeline except when you decide to make such posts public. Use the steps below to add someone to your Facebook restricted list.
- Go to the Friends profile
- Navigate to “Friends” at the top of the profile or tap on the “Friends” icon below the profile picture.
- Select “Add to another list” or “Edit Friend Lists”.
- Then lastly, select “Restricted”.
How To View And Edit Your Facebook Restricted List
You can view and edit your Facebook restricted list. After using the step above which has shown you how to add someone to your Facebook restricted list, You can also view and edit the list any time you wish to do so. Follow the steps below to view and edit your Facebook restricted list.
- Form your profile newsfeed, navigate to “Explore” at the left menu, and select “Friend Lists”. If this is not shown, hit on “See More”.
- Select “Restricted”.
- Click on the “Manage List” at the top.
- Then click Edit List.
- To remove someone, or a friend from the restricted list click on “X” at the right.
- Lastly, select Finish.
- It is done!