People now connect with each other easily using different social media platforms. These platforms have made connecting with friends and our daily living to be digitalized in such a way that we can connect with family, friends, and the rest of the world. This article will show how to recover a hacked Facebook account and the steps. It is a well-known fact that Facebook stands out among all the social media platforms and it is also well-appreciated and the most frequently used platform.
Because Facebook is popular, there is a high probability of cyber threats. Facebook accounts are easily hacked and this can make the user to be upset. The steps on how to recover a hacked Facebook account will be highlighted. The steps are easy and straightforward. Even if your Facebook account has been hacked, it can still be recovered and your online security also restored.
Recover A Hacked Facebook Account
It is possible and important to recover the hacked Facebook account. There are some likely repercussions a user of Facebook might face when unauthorized persons have access to your Facebook account. When your Facebook account is hacked, it can lead to identity theft, misuse of personal data and privacy breaches.
To ensure that your Facebook account is safe with all the personal information shared on Facebook and also to protect your Facebook contacts from potential harm, you need to do everything possible to ensure you regain control of your hacked Facebook account. You need to know how to recover a hacked Facebook account because if you don’t do so, the account will be used to spread spam, scams, and malware and can even be used to harm the online reputation you have built over time. You can start the recovery procedure immediately so as to enable you to reduce the risk of hacking and also regain control of your digital identity.
How To Recover A Hacked Facebook Account
The following are some of the tips on how to recover a hacked Facebook account. See the steps below:
Secure Your Devices
If you are looking for how to recover a hacked Facebook account, one of the steps is to secure your devices. Ensure your devices are secure before you start the process of attempting to recover your Facebook account that has been hacked. You need to run a complete antivirus scan on your computer, tablet or smartphone so that you will be able to find and get rid of potential malware or keyloggers that may have contributed to the hack. All your applications and operating systems must be patched with the most recent security updates.
Understand The Signs Of A Hacked Facebook Account
Being able to notice the signs of a hacked Facebook account is the first step to being able to recover your hacked account. You must be watchful and vigilant to notice any unauthorised login attempts, posts that you did not initiate on your account or even strange behaviour. When you notice such activities or your fans and friends have started complaining about suspicious content on your account, it is very important and necessary that you act immediately.
Try Loggin In
Once you suspected that your account has been hacked or you have noticed dubious activities on your account, one of the steps on how to recover a hacked Facebook account is to try logging in immediately with your regular account login details. If you notice you are having difficulty trying to log in, move to the next step.
Ensure Your Account Security Is Intact
Once you are able to log in to your Facebook account, ensure you secure your account by updating your password. When you put your new password, ensure that it is secure and that it consists of a combination of uppercase, lowercase, numbers and special characters. Enable your two-factor authentication (2FA) as an additional security measure. You can connect your account to your phone number or an authentication app to ensure account security.
How To Utilize The Find Your Account Page To Recover Your Facebook Account
- On the Find Your Account page at facebook.com/login/identify, you will see directions that have been listed. Follow it. Make sure you use the device that you have used previously to access your Facebook account like a computer, or your mobile device.
- By using the search bar, look for the account you want to recover. You can search using your name, email address, or phone number to search for your Facebook account.
- You must adhere to the instructions on the screen if you want to change your Facebook account password.
The Find your account page contains more information about what to do if you cannot locate your account.
How To Utilise Facebook’s Help Center To Recover Your Account
- Go to your Facebook’s Help Centre using this address facebook.com/help/ if you have a problem logging in use step 3 as stated above.
- Follow the instructions as stated on the screen after the link
- Give all the information required and follow the additional instructions that may pop up.
Fill Out The Facebook Account Recovery Form
- Normally Facebook will ask you to complete a form for account recovery in the following steps:
- Give as much precise information as you can with your phone number or email address that is connected to the hacked account inclusive.
- Answer the security questions and mention any earlier established trusted contacts you had.
Wait For Facebook To Respond
After following the steps above and submitting the necessary information as required, Facebook will review your case after submitting the filled account recovery form. Facebook will then contact you through your email address or phone number that is connected to your account. You will have to be patient while Facebook does their review and processes because it may take some time.
Follow The Instructions Given By Facebook
Facebook will give you a guide through the process of regaining access to your Facebook account that has been hacked if they find out that the account recovery form you filled out contains enough information. If you want to secure your Hacked Facebook account, you must carefully and diligently follow the instructions and make any necessary adjustments.
Tips To Prevent Your Facebook Account From Being Hacked In Future
From all the steps that have been given above, you may have known how to recover a hacked Facebook account. But it is also important to take precautionary measures so as to prevent similar incidents of hacking from happening again or in the future. The following are the tips to prevent future hacking.
- Ensure you maintain a strong password and avoid using information that could be easily guessed, like your name or birthdate.
- For an additional layer of security, make sure your two-factor authentication is enabled.
- Beware of suspicious links and emails that might lead to phishing attempts.
- When using shared computers or devices, log off of Facebook once you are done with the device.
- Give third-party apps access with caution and regularly check their permissions.
Most times, it is difficult to find how to recover a hacked Facebook account. But by using the right steps and being persistent, you can get back your online identity after hacking. There are so many things you can do to secure your Facebook account from future hacking attempts. These include securing your devices, reporting the compromised account to Facebook, and changing your password. Look out for potential threats, always abide by best security practices and finally ensure you protect your online presence.