The organization that recognizes the record of individual or group achievements across the globe is the Guinness World Records. In this article, we will discuss how to apply for the Guinness World Record. But before you start this process, you must first submit your application for a potential record and ensure that your record meets the set standard to be registered on the official Guinness World Record website.
It is not always an easy task for anyone to set a new record or break an already existing record. Doing this is one of the accomplishments that will show people that you have a passion, extraordinary talent, and skill to showcase. Some people do not know how to apply for the Guinness World Record and that is why they have had several unsuccessful attempts while applying for Guinness World Record. You should know that applying for the Guinness World Record is very easy and can be done online without stressing yourself to visit any physical office.
Things You Should Know About Guinness World Record
If you are thinking of how to apply for The Guinness World Record or you want to break an existing record, the following are the things you should know:
- Create an account with the Guinness World Record on their official website.
- Follow the formatting criteria that will pop up to ensure you meet the minimum requirements needed to apply for a new record.
- Ensure you are ready to break a universally understandable, measurable, objective and challenging record.
- Make sure that the record you want to break can also be proven.
- The next thing is to fill out and submit an application.
- If your application is acceptable, you will be required to provide the necessary evidence of the record to be reviewed by the Guinness World Record.
How To Apply For The Guinness World Record Set Or Breaker
The following are the steps on how to apply for the Guinness World Record:
- Go to the official website of the Guinness World Record to create an account and fill out the official registration form here.
- Click on the activation link that will be sent to you via your email, You will be directed to a dashboard page.
- Click on the green button written ‘Apply for a record’.
- The next step is to search for the record you want to break and click on the button written ‘Apply now’. You can also apply for a new record by clicking on the button written ‘Apply for a new record title’.
- The last stage is to complete and submit the application form you have filled out.
What To Do After Completing The Application
Once you have submitted your application, the Guinness World Record Management team at the headquarters will review and examine your application. Then they will make the Record Guidelines and instructions for submitting your evidence to them available by sending it through your Guinness World Record account online which was created using the activation link sent above.
You should note that there are some submissions you need to make before and after your efforts to create a new record or to break an existing record. See the instructions below:
Step 1: You must provide proof with which Guinness World Record will use to evaluate the success of your record-breaking effort.
Step 2: Before you make the actual attempt to break an already existing record or set a new record.
Step 3: You must submit proof to Guinness World Record experts online that shows the details of the attempts you have made.
Step 4: If the World Record team confirms that your effort has been proven successful, you will then be qualified to receive one free official GUINNESS WORLD RECORDSTM Record -Holder Certificate. It is this sent that will be sent by Guinness World Record that will serve as proof that you are the current record holder.
Cost Of Applying For Guinness World Record
Some people who want to know how to apply for the Guinness World Record also want to know what will be the cost of applying for the Guinness World Record. There is no cost attached to the submission of an application to break a record in the Guinness World Record. It is totally free of charge
But if you want to apply to set a new record that has not been tried or that is not available in the Guinness World Record (GWR) database, you will pay a non-refundable fee of £5/$5 (plus VAT).